Highly experienced and skilled Chief of Staff required to run the private affairs of an international family across 3 locations: London, NYC and Switzerland. The role will primarily be based out of London but there will be frequent travel to NYC and the family's residence in the Swiss Alps, to ensure that all properties are running efficiently, particularly ahead of the family's arrival. Household Management forms a significant element of the role so candidates should have extensive experience in this area, as well as being able to deliver the Private PA function. As the family are frequently away from London, the position requires a mature, disciplined, and self-motivated individual to manage the household, the staff and all matters proactively and with autonomy. The role requires a flexible approach with the ability to travel for significant periods of time and adapting to different time zones when in different locations to the principals.
Standard office hours of 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
When in London: 3 days from the family home in Regents Park, 2 days remote from your own home (full time from the house when the family are in residence).
Also working from offices/properties in NYC and Switzerland - total time overseas across the year would be up to circa 2 months
Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
ASAP - initial handover will be in NYC
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Complex diary coordination across the family including booking meetings, appointments, restaurants and activities
- Arranging travel itineraries, bookings, including commercial and private flights, accommodation and transfers
- Gatekeeper and first point of contact
- Drafting invites, applications, writing and updating household manuals as needed, general household administration, including organising children's birthday parties as well as various household events.
- Identifying and ensuring all maintenance issues are managed swiftly and appropriately, monitoring quality and deadlines for works done and services provided.
- Regular visual checks on interior and exterior of the house.
- Overseeing recruitment, training and management of household staff, including payroll, pension management and performance reviews.
- Working with the Principal's office and EA to coordinate family and business diaries.
- Keeping inventory and managing household budgets.
- Organising parties, dinners and other events.
Candidates must be / have:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar position
- Educated to degree level or higher
- A professional manner and presentation
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through
- Excellent MS office skills
- Highly organised and well-presented with a professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels across the household and external.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a high level of initiative and the ability to work independently, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Great attention to detail, accuracy and consistency
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, spreadsheets and be very tech savvy, to stay on top of various household calendars, as well as keeping on top of all AV/technical systems in the households
- Able to multi-task and understand the various complex requirements of the family members
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.