Back to all jobs
SENIOR ASSISTANT TO HIGH PROFILE / UHNW FOUNDER OF LEADING MEDIA COMPANY
A rare opportunity to become the right-hand support to an UHNW Founder of a leading media group, supporting the principal in all areas of their business and private life – applicants must have extensive experience managing the lifestyles of UHNW entrpreneurs, arranging complex and ever-changing schedules, extensive travel itineraries (mainly private but some commercial), liaising with the management / security teams at multiple residences around the world, alongside delivering full C-suite EA responsibilities. Although the principal founded and leads a large corporation, is very hands-on and has high expectations from his team, this is not a corporate environment and the successful candidate will not only be professional and committed, highly discrete and a strong communicator with high EQ, but will also be fun and relaxed.
Hours: Full-time, and on-call out of standard office hours and over weekends (in rota with the Junior PA)
Location: Central London office (average of 4 days per week), as well as remotely from your own home
Salary: Generous salary package to reflect seniority of the role
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the personal, family and business life of the Principal, acting as the control centre and “air traffic control”. The role is based at the company’s HQ in the West End and you’ll be required to be in the office on average 4 days per week.
- Meticulous planning and ownership of all diary commitments, business meetings and personal engagements, email management and travel, whilst constantly managing the ever-changing priorities and needs of the Principal, with the ability to continually change direction, yet still ensuring everything is captured and all priorities are met to the highest standard.
- Advance preparation for all upcoming meetings and engagements, conducting research, arranging which materials are required and taking appropriate action, responding to on his behalf and fielding all queries, all whilst keeping unnecessary things off the Principal’s desk and flagging the most important things in order of priority.
- Consistent 24/7 support, high endurance and understanding the need for out of hours contact and unsociable hours of work.
- Adaptable to amending working hours across multiple locations, when the Principal is travelling, providing seamless assistance during times spent overseas.
- Full coordination and management of all private travel bookings; experienced with handling complex flights (at times, multiple aircraft on the same day) via private jet and helicopter, alongside strategic planning of travel dates on the family yacht.
- Upkeep of all associated travel riders and visa’s, ensuring our aircraft providers remain aware of the changing needs of the Principal, his family and business associates.
- Undertaking all associated tasks in association with the Principal’s charity foundation; managing all associated payments, documentation, correspondence, and external relationships (similarly to that of a Company Secretary role).
Candidates must be / have:
- Responsibility for all UK financial management for the Principal, including but not limited to;
- Annual tax returns
- Preparation and management of annual personal and family budget and expenditure
- All UK household spend, accounting and credit card payments
- All associated payment and monthly budget preparation
- Frequent payment of invoices and flow of funds through UK accounts
- Liaison with overseas family office with regards financial undertakings and movement of money
- Ownership of the family’s private travel supplier contracts, managing the relationship with the account teams and keeping accurate records of flight hours and annual usage.
- Responsibility of ongoing budget management in respect any special projects, including close liaison with overseas colleagues, working closely with a project management and cost consulting team and contractors, full management of budget and expenditure, putting in place a monthly batch payment system to ensure contractors are paid on time and in line with delivering against the project timeline, and assisting with the general management of the process from outset through to execution.
- Management of expenses for staff based in family properties overseas, ensuring they are accountable and accurately recording and declaring all expenditure
- Working closely with the Principal’s London Estate Manager and Head of Security, directly feeding information of upcoming personal and business engagements, proactively planning and ensuring all are working to meet the objectives of the Principal with a continual flow of information passing between you.
- Feeding directly into the Principal’s private close protection team, liaising with the Head of Security to coordinate the team’s movements and expectations in line with the engagements of the Principal, including all recces and advance parties to venues, events, overseas locations and responsible for connecting them with private security personnel for other UHNW friends and families, politically exposed individuals, and Government officials.
- Frequent liaison with staff based within the family-owned estates and properties overseas, ensuring staff are aware and prepared ahead of all upcoming stays and all eventualities are planned for in advance.
- Managing all associated matters relating to the Principal and his close involvement in the company’s Events. This is including, but not limited to:
- Management of event planning in advance and on the ground on event days
- Managing the Principal’s guest list and RSVP’s
- Guest liaison on the day, ensuring the upmost levels of guest satisfaction
- Accommodating the exceptional needs of our VIP guests; liaising with security personnel and close protection teams for Government officials, closely working with the associated venues with regards AAA access, provision of backstage parking and the carrying of weapons
- Assisting the London Estate Manager with private household staffing needs, with regards recruitment, pay reviews, disciplinary action and team management for all private household chefs, nannies, housekeepers and chauffeurs.
- Close involvement and management of disciplinary action or legal cases concerning personal staff; liaising with lawyers and HR, assisting in the process and flagging key information to the Principal at the appropriate times.
- Working closely with the Family Consultant to manage all schooling matters and education application processes for the Principal’s children, all associated records are kept up to date and followed up on as the children are within nursery and primary age.
- Daily liaison with the Principal’s private staff and chef, coordinating the delivery of food to the Executive Suite in the office, reheated and prepared accordingly and served to the Principal during office hours.
- Regular liaison with VIP counterparts and senior individuals across the entertainment and music industry, alongside Government and, at times, The Royal Household.
- Managing the personal demands of the Principal, always undertaking any task with absolute discretion.
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
- A minimum of 5yrs experience in a similar role
- Experience supporting UHNW lifestyles
- Experience working with A-list celebrities will be advantageous
- Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to think / work multiple steps ahead at all times
- Strong communication skills, being able to engage and motivate with contacts from all backgrounds
- Good IT skills
- Absolute discretion
- Proactive and able to use initiative to work with autonomy
- Confident and resilient
- Warm and approachable with a good sense of humour
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application