HEAD OF CONSULTING/
PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
With travel to NY, LA and UAE
About the company:
Our client is a boutique global strategic advisory firm specializing in identifying and executing innovative strategies to enhance the visibility and network for a select group of high profiles including:
- sophisticated global investors
- private or family run enterprises
- best-in-class brands and companies
- early-stage investment firms
- premier non-profit advocacy and research organizations.
They have long-established partnerships with some of the world’s leading fund managers across various sub-sets of the private equity industry, in both developed and emerging markets. Using their deep knowledge of the global investor landscape and strong existing relationships, they help organizations grow and differentiate themselves in a bespoke and individualized fashion.
What this opportunity offers:
- A fabulous opportunity to gain unique exposure to their relationships with best-in-class industry leaders in private equity, venture capital, emerging markets, and philanthropy that are unparalleled in the business.
- Interaction with best-in-class clients including senior most members and founders of top tier global businesses and some of the most powerful brands and individuals in the business world.
- Meaningfully contribution to the client’s creative spin on facilitating warm introductions, building relationships and conceptualizing bespoke events that change the future of their clients’ businesses.
- They are a lean, efficient team so all members play a vital role in forming the company’s ethos and culture.
- Highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment open to the ideas and initiatives proposed by all team members.
They are looking for a talented, driven and experienced Project Management Consultant to grow and develop the business, to help transform their organization and accelerate mission execution, reporting directly to and receiving guidance from the CEO and COO. The Project Management Consultant will be responsible for leading day-to-day management of the advisory business including managing client accounts. The main focus of this role would be to lead a collaborative team with strong, efficient processes while guiding the leadership team on relevant operational improvements, client interfacing and ensuring the prompt completion of deliverables. This role will be based in London or New York.
Successful candidates will be detail oriented, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The ability to multi-task while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support is essential to the position. This position requires business acumen and a working knowledge of the financial sector, a commitment to positive change, and a strong entrepreneurial streak.
Hours: A need for flexibility with multiple time zones
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Oversee all client staffing and execute all activities, projects and deliverables in order to ensure success is achieved with all client engagements;
- Manage ongoing communication with clients including weekly calls, strategy discussions, in person meetings, events, roadshows;
- Oversee all advisory team members actively engaged on client accounts to ensure a detailed process of tracking client deliverables is implemented and followed;
- Assist with the production of all client-related deliverables including but not limited to marketing decks, client agendas, event-related content and organization, and other marketing and brand development materials;
- Work closely with managers to provide communication and updates internally and externally on client deliverables and management;
- Assist closely in the conception and production of all internal company-related materials including decks and other marketing documents;
- Communicate directly with clients on status of deliverables, conception of deliverables, timing of deliverables and manage additional client requests;
- Oversee the effective utilization of a sophisticated and highly detailed CRM tool for internal company organization;
- Work with CEO and COO to set organizational goals and strategic initiatives;
- Set and deliver on comprehensive goals for business performance and growth.
Candidates must be / have:
- Undergraduate degree in economics, finance or accounting with a strong GPA
- 5+ years consulting experience from top tier consulting firm
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Proven record of cross-cultural business experience
- Freedom to travel as needed
- Adaptable and flexible to a dynamic and changing work environment
- Ability to move across projects with ease and prioritize tasks regularly
- Strong business acumen and a collaborative working style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General understanding of financial analysis
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- A self-starter with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Prior experience working with CRM databases
- Meeting deadlines
- Accuracy and quality of output
- Proactive approach to tasks
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Perfect English verbal and written skills
- Extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve
- Powerful intellectual curiosity that keeps the candidate ahead on substantive topics and challenges in the principal areas of focus for the company
- Clear understanding of business functions such as Operations, Finance and Technology
- Working knowledge of data analysis and business performance and operations metrics
- Experience in organization, team dynamics and productivity
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description does not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: email@example.com
It is SORTED’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within five working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.