As a key member to the team you would be supporting the Managing Director in all music and talent related activities, providing administrative and creative support across all aspects of the label & artist management functions. You will be enthusiastic about developing a career within the music industry to join a niche independent record label & management team, with a passion for urban music.
Hours: Full time
Location: Your own home, the MD’s home in Notting Hill and White City House
Salary: Circa £30k
Start Date: ASAP
Driver: Must be a driver with your own car
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Working alongside/shadowing Managing Director on daily basis supporting day to day business needs
- International diary management across multiple time zones, including complex promotional schedules, travel bookings, visas, accommodation and itineraries
- Acting as key point of contact for all third parties, filtering information as necessary to the artist manager and often acting as a central point for third parties (record labels, songwriters, live booking agents, lawyers, PR Teams, etc), providing the bridge for smooth communication, maintaining credibility, confidentiality, trust and support
- Acting as key management representative for artists on location when MD isn’t present, including promotional activities, photo shoots, tv appearances, events
- Manage external relationships – filter and priorities contacts
- Working closely with major label partner & distribution companies on product delivery, administration of artist campaigns
- Arranging meetings and events
- Market and client research
- Ad-hoc travel may be required as the company grows, mainly between LA & Scotland
- Helping shape the company’s social media presence and daily content; strategizing, drafting copy and managing scheduling of posts across the company’s & their clients social media platforms
- Assisting MD on ad-hoc basis with day-to-day duties including:-
- Assist with managing the client deal process
- Assist with drafting management reports
- Circulate information internally within the company
- Drafting presentations and documents
- Office administration, process invoices, expenses, POs.
- Creating label mailers to update fans with new releases and news
- Keeping website up to date
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: email@example.com
It is SORTED’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within five working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.