Back to all jobs
PA to Artist & Designer
Our client is a multidisciplinary London-based artist of British-Nigerian heritage, who specialises in storytelling by fusing the two identities of his descent to convey untold narratives in contemporary design.
The studio is looking for a PA to join. Working closely with the artist and the team to co-ordinate the day-to-day running of the studio to support the vision.
The studio consists of a team of colour-obsessed architects and designers, with the expertise and capacity to take on large-scale architectural and interior design projects. The studio continues to experiment with the relationship between function and form, with an output that sits between traditional divisions of art and design.
Are you dynamic, highly-organised and adaptable?
Can you develop relationships?
Are you detail-oriented?
Do you have the ability to solve problems and deliver efficiency?
Are you ready to be part of a great team and support a smooth operational function?
The ideal candidate will have experience as a personal assistant and be able to work enthusiastically in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for great organisation, flexibility, enjoyment of administrative challenges to support a colour obsessed studio. A friendly manner is essential with the ability to adapt, which may include some weekends.
The studio is a very sociable and inclusive place to work. Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is a fundamental part of our charter. All candidates will be treated fairly regardless of their background, age, race, sex or disability.
If you have an eagerness to learn, can keep calm under pressure with great attention to detail, we want to hear from you!
Location: West London
Salary: £25-35k depending on experience
Interviewing: 30th January 2023
Start Date: 27th February 2023
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Candidates must be / have:
- Providing administrative support to principal
- Booking transport, accommodation and all other travel admin (e.g. visas, health insurance)
- Assist with the organisation of board meetings
- Type up reports, project correspondence, minutes
- Diary management, meeting set up, arrange catering
- Folder management
- Telephone calls, screening, message taking with follow ups and action
- Support processing and approving monthly expenses (in line with company policy)
- Assist uploading the relevant documentation onto accounting platform
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
- Highly organised
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to help
- Flexible and able to adapt to support deadlines
- An interest in Architecture, Arts or Design is useful
- Professional phone manner
- Impeccable communication skills, both spoken and written
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Trustworthy, discreet and reliable
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: email@example.com
It is SORTED’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within five working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application