Back to all jobs
Executive Assistant to Businessman and Climate / Equalities Campaigner
Our client is looking for an Executive Assistant and Aide to provide excellent diary management and administrative support for his corporate office. This is a vital role in a small, high-performing team. They are looking for someone who will thrive supporting a senior leader, in a fast-paced environment. It’s a great post for a collaborative, mission-driven candidate who wants to put their skills and responsibilities towards our bigger goal: mobilising business around tackling inequality and climate change.
The Principal works in a large, global network of changemakers, from CEOs to leading activists and heads of state, at the intersection of business, government and civil society. He travels where necessary to have greater impact, and works across a range of organisations and partnerships, behind-the-scenes as well as through public advocacy, events and campaigns.
Hours: Full Time
Location: Central London
Salary: Competitive salary dependent upon experience
Start Date: ASAP
This is a job for someone:
There are no average days, but typically you will ensure that the Principal is prepped and has the briefings he needs for private meetings (which he often chairs) as well as public events. Briefings are usually put together by the team and their partners, but they’ll require you to get everything ready, in good time – there is plenty of scope to work on preparing briefings for candidates looking to develop these skills. You’ll need to ensure that the diary isn’t simply functioning, but that time is appropriately valued and used for maximum impact. You’ll need to ensure that the Principal’s home office is set up for success – from managing his inbox and contacts, to troubleshooting IT, arranging travel, preparing expense reports, and generally overseeing the administrative foundation on which the collective success is built.
The organisation doesn’t have vast departments supporting them so they’re not the right home for candidates who prefer long deadlines and a slower pace. But they are a welcoming, close-knit team who care deeply about their work and love operating like a start-up. You’ll have a great mission, great colleagues and great opportunities to grow your knowledge, skills and network in the world of sustainable business.
- who relishes the prospect of taking ownership of the diary and ensuring the Principal and the team’s time is used strategically;
- who feels confident asserting themselves when competing demands on time need to be resolved;
- who thrives in a flat structure where trust is everything, and can collaborate in a small team;
- who can represent the team in a world of leaders;
- who loves to learn and take on new responsibilities, as our work shifts and new opportunities open up;
- who enjoys the thrill of a quick-evolving environment and who feels that on the world’s most burning challenges, we have no time to waste.